Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Daisy square

When I first saw this pattern on Ravelry I couldn't wait to start a blanket.
There are some stunning examples.
One of the girls in the crochet group I chat with organised to get the yarn we needed to make our charity square (the cost of the pattern, you send it to the pattern owner and she puts the blankets together for charity) and one of the girls who was travelling to the US took the squares over and mailed them there.


This is my square.
After doing this square I'm not so keen on the blanket.
I don't know whether it was the squeaky acrylic yarn I was using (there was a specific requirement for the charity rug, 10ply acrylic) or the fact that I feel the back of the square looks quite mish-mashy, I'm just not keen on a whole blanket, but you never know.

No comments: