Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm all rainbowed out..

"The vest" is finished.
I managed to knit, finish and block it all in the time the Tour de France was on.
OK, so it was drying as they were riding up and down the Champs Elysee, but that's splitting hairs.



The good news is that it fits, and the bad news, she's worn it twice (at my insistence) and just doesn't seem keen on wearing it (however she got upset when she found out I was knitting something for me, it wasn't fair I had two things, she had one!!!!). She complained that it was scratchy on her neck... it's baby wool! I did that on purpose because that is always her complaint.
It literally leads me to one conclusion, I will have to make her things out of synthetic yarn, take any scratchiness factor out of it.

Needless to say knitting her anything new at the moment is waaaay down on my list of things to do.

No comments: