Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Little Girl's Japanense Knot Bag

I wanted to make a Japanese Knot Bag to swap on Ravelry, so when I was at the patchwork shop and they had this cute Barbie material on special I bought some so I could trial the pattern by making a bag for my daughter.
I lined the white side with interfacing to give the bag a bit more structure - so that little hands would find it easy to use, but this made the bag a little difficult to sew, especially finishing the handles.

It's not a huge bag, it would fit a purse and keys... or perhaps some circular needles and a small project.
It's reversible!

I have seen other "knot bags" but I like the round bottomness of this bag.
I will make the next one bigger, and possibly find a way to finish it that doesn't involve feeding the bag through the handles.

No comments: